Location: St. Dominic Health Services
Department: WELLNESS PROGRAM - 3090
Employment Type: PRN
Other Shift Details: overnight travel
Job Code: 6726
The Well-Being Specialist serves as direct contact with clients and members of the enterprise's well-being program. This position relies on program knowledge and subject matter expertise to assist clients and members in accomplishing well-being goals. The purpose of the program is to improve health outcomes and the value of health care delivery by: (a) providing designated populations/employers with population health management tools and analytics, (b) delivering comprehensive health and well-being programs to meet the needs of a given population, (c) meaningfully engaging targeted individuals in the management of their own health and well-being, and (d) optimizing care collaboration and coordination with healthcare providers.
- Serves as direct contact with clients and members within the designated service area
- Assists with the development and execution of tailored well-being plans for an assigned group of clients and their associated members, in partnership with the well-being leadership team to fully engage members and drive a high level of participation in assigned populations/client groups
- Meets with clients weekly, monthly and quarterly in assigned territory to maintain relationships and favorable contacts
- Performs health screening components, including but not limited to data entry, height/weight, waist measurement, fingerstick, blood pressure, BMI, Smokerlyzer®
- Works closely with members to understand disease specific related issues or interpret health risk assessment information to ensure members meet or exceed goals
- Works closely with the well-being team to participate in innovative program development
- Collaborates with health coach and care management teams to provide updates on programming, including class schedules, flyers, topic focus handouts and website links that the health coach might share with members
- Communicates closely with coaches on member satisfaction of well-being programs as they relate to meeting goals; assists with process improvement areas based on feedback.
- Resolves client and member issues/problems in person, via phone and online and makes recommendations for potential product enhancements or modifications to increase customer satisfaction
- Participates in overall program evaluation and makes recommendations for employer program quality improvements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Kinesiology, exercise physiology, health and well-being promotion, or related field
- One year relevant work experience.
- Exercise Physiologist, Group Fitness, Personal Training, Health Coach or other relevant certification
- Personal computer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal/human relations skills
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good time management/prioritization skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Up to 75% day and overnight travel required for this position.
- Ability to obtain RN license in other states.