St. Dominic Hospital
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES - 8500
STDOM SDH Env Svcs Supv
Assists the Director with department management by overseeing and performing a variety of duties to ensure the maintenance and appearance for a high standard of the facility.
High school diploma or equivalent and/or vocational/specialized training preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
Supervisory experience is required; sufficient experience in health care or health agency setting preferred. Ability to use independent judgment and verbal and written communication skills.
- Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
- Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
- Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
- Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
- Oversees the work of other personnel by training, allocating and monitoring work. Performs work of a similar nature.
- Performs general janitorial duties in an office, such as cleaning, dusting, washing windows, and moving and polishing furniture and equipment.
- Schedules and assigns work to individuals and inspects upon completion.
- Ensures compliance with established standards for appearance, repair and condition of facilities.
- Maintains records on required and completed repair work.
- Notifies supervisor regarding needed repairs; submits supply order sheets on a weekly basis.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, or sitting while on duty.
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Transferring, repositioning patients.
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeing, and crouching for patient care functions.
- Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required.
- Optimal auditory acuity required.
- Manual dexterity involving the handling of equipment and instruments or needles is essential to performing assigned duties.
- Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests.
- Physical conditions are clean, neat and well lit. Maybe subjected to unpleasant sights and odors, stressful situations and hazardous or infectious agents where judgment as to precautions need to be taken is essential. Climate control and ambient temperature variances may be experienced. Exposure to limited amounts of hazardous chemicals or substances and infectious disease processes are a possibility. Hours of duty maybe irregular or unexpectedly extended due to emergency circumstances.
- Direct contact with blood or other body fluids to which universal precautions apply. Personal protective equipment is made available and must be worn.