Supervisor, Guest Services
St. Dominic Hospital
GUEST SERVICES - 9525
STDOM - Supervisor, Guest Services
Directs, plans, and organizes all management functions for PBX communications and Guest Services, to include communicating all hospital wide updates which support the strategic plan for St. Dominic’s Hospital.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related degree and/or a minimum of 5 years experience in hospital patient access/registration.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPointMust possess strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior training and/or leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and perform end-user training.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Possess knowledge of healthcare regulatory and compliance rules.
- Ability to effectively evaluate and detect complex systems/process issues and recommend viable resolutions.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
- Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
- Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
- Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
Ensures that accurate and timely completion, distribution and maintenance of various inter department communications. Develop, implement and directs education/training and staff development programs for PBX communication and Guest Service. Will also act as a resource assisting other departments and personnel with questions related to Guest Service and PBX communication.Implement and conduct ongoing training programs for assigned personnel to ensure functions are performed accurately and efficiently. Develop goals and objectives and establish and implement relevant policies and procedures. Develop and recommends operating budget and manages within budget parameters. Direct the preparation and maintenance of relevant reports. Prepares periodic reports for administration as required. Provides recognition of services to employees and provides team building opportunities. Must maintain and promote an attitude of professionalism as reflected by courteous actions, maintenance of confidentiality and appropriate presentation of self. In addition, the candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of St Dominic's policy and procedures as well as, enforce established requirements and process and perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Prolonged periods of standing, walking, or sitting while on duty.Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 10-15 pounds with or without assistance. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required. Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced environment. Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests. Physical conditions are clean, neat and well lit. May be subjected to unpleasant sights and odors, stressful situations and hazardous or infectious agents where judgment as to precautions need to be taken is essential. Climate control and ambient temperature variances may be experienced. Exposure to limited amounts of hazardous chemicals or substances and infectious disease processes are a possibility. Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended due to emergency circumstances. Direct contact with blood or other body fluids to which universal precautions apply. Personal protective equipment is made available and must be worn.