Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: St. Dominic Hospital
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - 9050
Employment Type: Full Time 80
Other Shift Details:
Job Code: 2320
This position develops, configures, maintains, and supports all new and existing IT infrastructure, including hardware, virtual environments and network communications in a production, 24x7, healthcare environment spanning multiple campuses and remote locations. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the management and administration of the Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, and VDI environment, Netscalers, and Wyse thin devices. This position will provide technical support, troubleshoot problems, ensure the stable and efficient operation of the Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop environment, and other systems. Aside from the requirement of more advanced technical competencies, this position will be expected to help direct the infrastructure team by mentoring and leading by example, maintain strong leadership skills and habits, and in researching and instructing the team in technologies and tools that will help increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the infrastructure team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures optimal performance and capacity management for the
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environment.
- Ensures optimal performance and efficiency of all system components by
proactively conducting ongoing performance monitoring and by automating repetitive tasks.
- Ensure service performance meets or exceeds business expectations.
- Provides effective Level II Citrix related Service Desk support on a 24/7 basis by researching/analyzing issues/requests to determine server (hardware and software)/application related implications, effectively communicating with all impacted parties and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with a sense of urgency to minimize any system downtime.
- Create Knowledge Base articles of operational tasks to streamline support and empower first level support to resolve issues on a first call basis.
- Act as a technical lead for implementation of new projects and ensure optimal server configurations. Participate in the creation of optimal system architecture in support of new designs and features. Research and recommend hardware/software technologies in support of application requirements.
- Effectively maintains all Citrix, and related, components by performing maintenance patching and application upgrades (including operating systems and various applications) as needed.
- Provides support to application analysts by providing technical knowledge and guidance.
- Ensures server security integrity by reviewing and implementing server
policies within the system.
- Open to cross-training with other server engineers across the windows server spectrum.
- College degree preferred, plus 5+ years of Microsoft Server, and 5+ years of Citrix Administration experience; or equivalent combination of education or experience preferred.
- Strong management and administration skills on all versions of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop and strong experience with Citrix Storefront/Netscaler Gateway/Netscaler Load Balancing.
- Deep knowledge of the working principles of Microsoft technologies and Operating systems like, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 with good troubleshooting skill set.
- Working knowledge of vSphere system administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, vCenter Host Profiles, resource pools, Storage and P2V migrations.
- Strong knowledge of design, implementation, and troubleshooting of Citrix XenApp (Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016) and XenDesktop (Windows 7 and 10).
- Knowledge in the administration of Imprivata OneSign.
- Application management, publishing, virtualization, and streaming.
- Proficiency with PowerShell.
- Advanced scripting and automation skills a plus.
- Printer Management in a Citrix environment.
- Citrix Patch Management and policies configuration.
- Citrix Director, Studio, Storefront, Provisioning Server, Netscaler, Windows Active Directory Administration, including GPO management.
- Experience in managing a Citrix farm on VMWare will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in datacenter environments.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Good verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively document procedures.
- Functional understanding of advanced networking technologies.
- Functional understanding of Switches, Firewall and router functionalities is a plus.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of MS SQL technologies and experience in handling SQL DB.
- Enhances the functionality of systems by developing and modifying scripts to automate system processes.