SDH Lab Outreach Services Manager
Location: St. Dominic Hospital
Department: LABORATORY - 7020
Employment Type: Full Time 80
Other Shift Details:
Job Code: 8037
SDH Lab Outreach Services Manager
Under the direction of the St Dominic Laboratory Services director, Outreach Services Manager is responsible for overall operations and support of the Outreach Laboratory Sales & Marketing. This position will also oversee the staff and operations of the Client Services Department, Courier Services, Outreach Client Operations Analysts, and LIS staff within the Laboratory. This position is key to the implementation of new programs and support of established products and programs that provide education and value to the client base of physicians, midlevel providers and nurses as well as the clinic managers. This position may require some evenings and weekends based on the needs of the client. Must be well organized, tolerant of ambiguity, and able to communicate with the Laboratory Services Director and provide information surrounding issues within areas of responsibilities.
BA/BS in Medical Technology, Science, or Marketing; Masters degree preferred
Minimum Work Experience
?7-10 years general laboratory experience; 3-5 years as a supervisor or manager, sales experience required, specific to developing relationships with physician office practices and the promotion of a healthcare product or service.
Valid drivers license in good standing with the State
MT (ASCP) certification required for Medical Technology degree
- Experience using sales contact management systems as well as basic software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and must always present the client with a high degree of professionalism.
- Understanding of Laboratory Information Systems, workflow processes within the lab as well as to clients, and the limitations of the clinical laboratory. Individual understands the value of connectivity opportunities to provider office Electronic Medical Record systems as a necessity to secure business opportunities.
- Leadership skills necessary for implementing new procedures, ensuring that current policies and procedures are adhered to for maintaining smooth operation in area of responsibility, including the ability to serve as a leader in the absence of a direct supervisor.
- Demonstrated collaborative, team approach to quality improvement and problem solving.
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner, that is, to be motivated to seek out potential problems and take steps to avert them.
- Analytical skills necessary to define and analyze operational flow and determine methods of accomplishing these tasks.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations as well as Joint Commission and/or CAP requirements as it pertains in area of responsibility.
Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience.
Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information. Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
- Responsible for the overall management of outreach laboratory program to include Client Services Department, Courier Services, Outreach Client Operations Analysts, and LIS staff within the Laboratory.
- Works with the Hospital Marketing Department to develop and acquire potential accounts. Will provide updates and develop Lab Outreach Newsletter for clients.
- Maintains current client accounts by regular office visits; acquires new clients as directed.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur with specimens, reports, and courier service.
- Maintains requisition based reporting capabilities in the laboratory information system (LIS) to meet the clients' needs.
- Maintains updated catalog of tests, prices, and codes (billing and LIS) and keep accounts informed of any changes
- Establish clearly defined chain of command for resolution of analytical/operational issues. This position will have a defined linkage with laboratory wide functions that may impact site operations.
- This manager will be responsible for meeting the standards for successful accreditation(s) including but not limited to, CLIA, Joint Commission, FDA, AABB or HCFA.
- This position will work with the Laboratory Quality and Performance Improvement partners to design quality improvement program(s) for all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the annual strategic and tactical plans for areas of responsibility as a part of the overall Laboratory Departmental goals.
- May be called on by Laboratory Services Director to lead a specific task force/work group required by changes in the customer/business environment.
- Must be able to work with the Laboratory to project and manage perceptions of laboratory performance such that the end users of laboratory services are satisfied. React to service issues in a non-defensive positive manner that will solve the customer’s issue quickly.
- Recruit, train, guide, develop and retain a highly qualified work force for courier services and Laboratory Outreach Analysts.
- Work with the staff to design staffing models that will adequately meet service demand, utilize staff efficiently and meet staff personal needs wherever possible.
- Provides a creative and positive atmosphere that promotes a culture of pride, professional excellence and allows for growth opportunities.
- Ability to use a PC effectively to create spreadsheets, databases, and word processing documents.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret various types of data.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to apply team building techniques, facilitation techniques, coaching, counseling, personnel management skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Prolonged periods of standing, walking, or sitting while on duty. Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 10-15 pounds with or without assistance. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required. Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced environment. Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests. Physical conditions are clean, neat and well lit. May be subjected to unpleasant sights and odors, stressful situations and hazardous or infectious agents where judgment as to precautions need to be taken is essential. Climate control an ambient temperature variances may be experienced. Exposure to hazardous chemicals or substances and infectious disease processes are a possibility. Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended due to emergency circumstances. Direct contact with blood or other body fluids to which universal precautions apply. Personal protective equipment is made available and must be worn.