Minimum Work Experience Sufficient previous experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
Required Licenses [Mississippi, United States] Respiratory Therapists
CRT certification and RRT registration, in addition to current licensure by the Mississippi Department of Health preferred.
Possesses knowledge base and competence required for delivery of pulmonary and diagnostic services (i.e., ABGs, mechanical ventilation, emergency pulmonary services, CPR, etc.) Employee must demonstrate ability to recognize patients' individual needs based on medical conditions, age (infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young adults, middle-aged and geriatric), limitations and planned procedures.
Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement and control and safety. Performs CPR; responds to emergency situations. Sets up, monitors and manages equipment and medications. Administers and modifies pulmonary and diagnostic services as ordered by physician or within established standards or practices. Assesses patient as to progress and communicates findings to appropriate caregivers. Performs nasotracheal, endotracheal and tracheal suctioning and other airway management procedures. Sets up thoracentesis equipment and assists physicians during procedures. Completes applicable clinical competencies annually or as outlined by hospital policy. Conducts appropriate diagnostic tests for patients as ordered by physician. Participates as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team in the management of patients, information and professional relations within the institution.
13 Week In-House Contract:
- 13 Week duration.
- In-House Contract rate is $66.50 per hour base rate, with shift differentials. Overtime will be paid at 1.5x the hourly rate for hours in excess of 40 hours per week.
- This position is not eligible to receive holiday premium pay.
- Contracts are expected to work up to full time hours (36-40 hour per week). Employee status will be PRN.
- In-house contract employees will identified by an In-House Contract position number.
- Internal applicants are not eligible with the exception of those in PRN status.
- Participants are eligible for a completion bonus based on the length of the contract
- 13 week completion bonus - $3,500
- After completion of In-House Contract assignment, the employee will have the following options:
- Renew contract (if organization has need; no more than one renewal allowed)
- Accept an open position in the organization
- Separate employment
- Minimum experience required: one year experience in acute care setting