Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospital Medicine
St. Dominic Medical Associates
HOSPITAL MEDICINE ASSOCIATES-6876
The Hospitalist nurse is a registered nurse who acts as the clinical/ administrative resource person who collaborates with the hospitalist care team to coordinate and manage the provision of patient care delivery.
Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program. Current MS nursing license is required. Previous experience in a clinic setting preferred.
- Provide a positive and professional representation of our organization.
- Assist with maintaining a positive patient care experience.
- Maintain compliance with organizations standards, policies and practices.
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions consistent with the vison, mission and values of our organization.
Essential Functions of the Hospital Nurse
- Responsible for the on call pages and coordinating daily assignments of new admissions and consults.
- Assist with maintaining hospitalist census.
- Facilitate effective communication and coordination with bed board
- Manage logistical questions to prevent avoidable physician interruptions
- Responsible for completing all paperwork and forms such as FMLA, durable medical equipment (DME), short term disability, home health, face to face, ect…
- Resolve and handle all incoming post-discharge call issues from patients, families, pharmacies, and any other services
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patients hospital stay (landmark events) with the patients primary care provider as needed.
- Obtains information relevant to the patients hospital stay from their primary care provider.
- Follow-up with patient/family as needed to assure needs are being addressed during stay.
- Educate and promote the hospitalist program among hospital staff.
- Assist with establishing a PCP as needed.
- Responsible for follow up needs such as pending test/labs
- Assist with office duties in the absence of the administrative clerk.
- Reconcile PMD in the absence of the administrative clerk.
- Change attending physicians in the absence of the administrative clerk.