Registered Nurse BHS Acute Nights
Provides nursing care of psychiatric and/or chemically dependent patients. Assists in the development of the treatment plan for psychiatric patients. Ensures appropriate overall care is administered in a manner conducive to recovery. Reports to Nurse Manager.Essential Functions:
An associate's degree from an accredited state nursing program is required. Two to three years previous psychiatric experience is preferred. Current registration in Mississippi, along with current CPR certification is required. Must demonstrate ability to recognize patients' individual needs based on medical conditions, age (infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young adults, middle aged, and geriatric), limitations and planned procedures. This position requires the employee to provide therapeutic communication skills. This position has been determined to have a high risk of occupational exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Relates with patients, public, and team members in a manner conducive to a harmonious working environment in which patient-centered goals are achieved.
- Coordinates care of assigned patients.
- Provides direct-care nursing in accordance with hospital standards of patient care. Documents in accordance with hospital standards for documentation.
- Implements educational programs with supervision; provides and promotes growth and development opportunities for patients and families.
- Attends multidisciplinary conferences regarding patient's condition and needs, and helps to identify appropriate behaviors on the part of nursing staff to meet those needs.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- This position has been determined to have a high risk of occupational exposure to blood-borne pathogens.