Provides a full range of educational and treatment services to patients and families under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Maintains
Must have a baccalaureate degree in social work, psychology, or a related field. Must demonstrate ability to recognize complete and accurate control standards.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection
- Orients new patients to unit, conducts contraband searches, and provides patient escort as needed.
- Leads community meetings.
- Relates with patients, public, and team members in a manner conducive to harmonious working environment in which patient centered goals are achievedatient records and provides feedback as necessary to treatment team.
- Gathers and documents data necessary to assess patient progress.
- Provides psychiatric care in accordance with hospital standards of patient care.
- Takes vital signs and assists with admission and discharge. May provide higher levels of therapeutic interventions as indicated by program needs or physician orders.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating treatment team meetings and initiating treatment plans.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.