Location: St. Dominic Hospital
Department: MAINTENANCE - 8340
Employment Type: Full Time 80
Other Shift Details:
Job Code: 8672
Under General Supervision, perform work in the painting, finishing, and maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures; and perform related work as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; or trade school apprenticeship program that includes theory and on-the-job work.
Minimum Work Experience
Experience as a painter in a residential and/or in a commercial, industrial, or facilities
operations setting, both interior and exterior.
Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience.
Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information.
Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
1. Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints furniture, surfaces, buildings, and fixtures utilizing
all types of painting materials such as varnish, lacquer, shellac, enamel, latex, epoxy, water-proofing
and heat resistant finishes.
2. Tapes, flushes, repairs and applies texturing, wallpaper, and acoustic layers on a variety of surfaces.
Adjusts colors when necessary; utilizes enhanced finishing skills when appropriate.
3. Applies materials to new construction, existing, multi-story buildings, alterations, and remodelings.
4. Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers and electrostatic
sprayers, pumps, etc. Safely stores and labels all materials.
5. Estimates time and materials required; keeps computerized records and submits reports of work
6. Erects scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
7. Offers assistance and advice on materials, designs, and color.
8. Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction.
Prolonged periods of standing, walking, or sitting while on duty.
Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 10-15 pounds with or without assistance.
Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required.
Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced environment.
Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests.
Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended due to emergency circumstances.