Serves in a leadership role that is responsible for the performance of work in one or more divisions, sections, or areas of the clinical Laboratories, such as Microbiology, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, or Specimen Collection/Processing.
Bachelor's degree in a science related field required, with advanced degree preferred. Certified as a medical technologist by American Society for Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
Minimum Work Experience:
• 5 years progressive laboratory healthcare experience.
• Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory role or above with direct reports.
• Experience in maintaining compliance with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and accreditation with College of American Pathologists (CAP) or The Joint Commission (TJC) and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB).
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team project to successful completion as evidenced by measurable and sustained process improvement and timely completion.
• Demonstrated ability to lead productive meetings, including preparing for and presenting information effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to work with disparate groups across multiple shifts.
• Ability to investigate operational and financial variances and identify root causes, develop and implement corrective and preventive actions.
• Familiarity with workflow and operational processes between technical and non-technical laboratory functions.