Hands of Hope - Clinic Access Rep 1
St. Dominic Health Services
Responsible for accurately registering patients in EMR including validating patient information, verification of insurance coverage, collection of required payments and ensuring the patient's experience is best in class.
Job Description Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological development).
Description Minimum Required
Experience - 6 months experience in a customer service/front desk role or a graduate of a front office/medical office program. Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience.
Education - High School or equivalent
Special Skills - Professional demeanor, excellent customer service skills, ability to multi-task, critical thinking, demonstrated computer literacy, ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency in during the introductory period.
Job Standards and Performance Expectations
- Customer Service/Patient Flow
- Accurately and efficiently registers patients in Epic; monitors and manages the flow of patients through the clinic utilizing initiative to ensure the patient experience is best in class.
- Monitors patient schedules and reviews accounts to determine the patient's financial responsibility on account balance and arranges payment plans to collect. Assists patients with access to government and community resources to enhance their access to health care services.
- Works closely with physicians, nurse practitioners and nursing staff to ensure that referrals to other providers/services/facilities are completed in accordance with payor requirements in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the patient's access to information including but not limited to MyChart access.
- Accurately updates patients records as needed.
- Accurately enters and updates charges as necessary.
- Actively supports clinic, hospital and health system initiatives related to improvement in the day-to-day operations.
- Manages cash in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure that payments are accurately credited to the patients' accounts and cash is maintained in a secure manner.
- Meets site collection goals.
- Actively supports the organizations performance excellence initiatives.
- Performs duties in a manner that results in improved patient outcomes and patient satisfaction scores.
- Actively supports the organizations Culture of Excellence utilizing initiative to make suggestions that would improve the patient's experience and the environment of care.
- Provides quality training and orientation for other Team Members when assigned.
- SERVICE - "The privilege of reaching out to meet the needs of others.
- Focuses on the customer; identifies the customer's needs; responds to the customer; satisfies the customer; takes ownership.
- Responds immediately to customer's needs and solving repetitive service problems.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude with customers.
- REVERENCE AND LOVE FOR ALL OF LIFE - "Acknowledging that all life is a gift from
- Exemplifies the professional image of FMOLHS through compliance with the appearance standards.
- Serves the organization with honesty and integrity by complying with all organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- JOYFULNESS OF SPIRIT - "An awareness of being blessed by God in all things."
- Works well with others by recognizing the value of our diverse workforce and remains open to new view points, ideas and talents.
- Takes on other responsibilities when needed recognizing that customer satisfaction is everyone's job.
- HUMILITY - "Being authentic in serving as an instrument of God."
- Demonstrates selflessness by being supportive and cooperative with team members.
- JUSTICE - "Striving for equity and fairness in all relationships with special concern for those most in need."
- Adheres to organizational and departmental policies regarding tardiness, breaks, time clocks, and use of benefit time.
- Demonstrates accountability for responsibly managing resources by completing work on time and using supplies as appropriate.
- Prioritizes the needs of customers especially those most in need.
4. Other Duties As Assigned
a. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Job Standards and Performance Expectations Weight
Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with applicable federal and state laws and the Standards of Conduct