EEG Technician (PRN) - Neuroscience
Under general supervision, performs prescribed radiologic/diagnostic procedures requiring specialized knowledge and skills in support of the provision of diagnostic and/or therapeutic services to a specified patient population.
Ensures accurate diagnostic results for patients of any age of graphically recorded impulses generated by the brain providing quality outcomes by performing EEG (electroencephalogram) consistent with department policies. May work in an inpatient or outpatient clinical environment.
• Experience performing Electroencephalogram (EEG) and evoked potential studies.
- Performs standard electroencephalographic procedures for patients as ordered by physician.
• Recognition of ictal and inter-ictal electrographic patterns.
• Ability to manage clinical seizure and/or other medical emergencies as required.
• Education: High School diploma or GED. Successful completion of education/training to obtain necessary EEG technologist certification(s).
• Licensing/Certification: Current registration as a EEG Technologist by ABRET or EP Technologist by ABRET is strongly preferred.
• Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required.
• Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.