St. Dominic Health Services
CORPORATE - 3010
The Development Officer is responsible for the overall success of the annual giving program designed to solicit and acquire new donors, renew existing donors and increase annual giving revenue. The Development Officer directs, implements and manages all aspects of annual giving including the Team Member Giving Campaign, direct mail, corporate sponsorships, Grateful Patient Program, online giving and email solicitations. In addition to annual giving responsibilities, the Development Officer serves as the primary writer for the Foundation including major gift proposals, stewardship reports, grant applications, acknowledgement letters, and publications. The Development Officer should achieve 5-10 personal visits per month with annual giving donors including team members, direct mail donors, and other prospects.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Prefer three year’s experience in a similar position.
- Ability to develop effective programs such as direct mail and email appeals, as well as an ability to maintain internal and external website content.
- Must possess the ability to create effective mailing lists, evaluate giving trends, make recommendations and alter strategy as needed to optimize giving.
- Requires strong analytical abilities to evaluate and assess programs and results.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively represent the foundation in its fundraising initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- A results-oriented team player with a commitment to, and an enthusiasm for, philanthropy.
- Ability to persuasively promote the Foundation and its fundraising initiatives.
- Demonstration of good judgement, professionalism and the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Requires a solid understanding of fundraising software and Microsoft Office. Raisers Edge experience is preferred.
- Ability to utilize Canva (online design program) for projects including flyers, proposals, stewardship reports, etc.
- Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
- Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
- Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
- Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
- Plans, manages and leads the Team Member Giving Campaign
- Manages direct mail program
- Works with the vendor to design and develop annual giving mailings.
- Researches and analyzes direct mail and digital results to determine that the appropriate solicitation method is utilized for segmented groups of individuals.
- Initiates appropriate measures to move segments of donors from one level of giving to the next level.
- Formulates and executes a communications program to support annual giving.
- Prepares reports on annual giving activity.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits corporate sponsorships for events such as the Magnolia Meltdown and the Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon
- Develops giving societies within annual giving campaign.
- Prepares solicitation strategies for prospects.
- Serves as the writer for a variety of print materials including prospect proposals, the Legacy Letter, St. Catherine’s Village newsletter and The Trumpet.
- Works with Marketing to oversee the content of the website as it relates to the Foundation.
- Enhances, implements and manages a successful tribute program.
- Insures proper donor recognition and stewardship
- Develops a plan for acknowledging gifts and thanking donors.
- Creates and implements stewardship program for all donors- including personalized donor-centric letters.
- Updates donor recognition walls.
- Leads the charge in revamping Grateful Patient Program
Prolonged periods of standing, walking, or sitting while on duty. Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 10-15 pounds with or without assistance. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required. Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced environment. Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests. Physical conditions are clean, neat and well lit. Maybe subjected to unpleasant sights and odors, stressful situations and hazardous or infectious agents where judgment as to precautions need to be taken is essential. Climate control an ambient temperature variances may be experienced. Exposure to limited amounts of hazardous chemicals or substances and infectious disease processes are a possibility. Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended due to emergency circumstances. Direct contact with blood or other body fluids to which universal precautions apply. Personal protective equipment is made available and must be worn.