Clinical Research Coordinator 1
St. Dominic Hospital
CLINICAL PROFESSIONAL SERVICES - 9591
Manages the day to day responsibilities of clinical research trials assigned by Director of Clinical Research. Works with both the medical community and pharmaceutical sponsors / monitors to ensure the proper conduct of studies.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks
be performed when circumstances change (e g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological development).
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or related field OR 5 years professional level experience
Job Standards and Performance Expectations
• Program Management
• Independently manages the overall planning, scheduling, budgeting and
monitoring of individual clinical research projects from initiation to project
• Coordinators subject recruitment, enrollment and study data collection.
• Audits and monitors patient accounts for charges specific to clinical research
clients. Works with Director Clinical Research to ensure billing compliance to all
• Provide subject care and monitors for adverse events in adherence with the
study protocol and in accordance with good clinical research principals.
• Maintains subject research charts and regulatory books for employed physicians
serving as principal investigators.
• Job Quality
• Utilizes all equipment, supplies facilities and resources in a prudent and efficient
manner in order to ensure efficient departmental operations and the provision of
high quality health care services.
• Promotes the quality and efficiency of his/her own performance by remaining
current with the latest trends in field of expertise through participation in jobrelevant
seminars and workshops, attendance at professional at conferences and
affiliations with national and state professional organizations.
• Collaboration and Partnership
• Manages relationships with study sponsors, investigators and associated staff to
provide the highest level of customer service.
• Develops the clinical research department by marketing the services of the
department to physicians conduction research within OLOL and in the private
• Educates hospital clinical staff, particularly Nursing Services, Pharmacy and
Laboratory on clinical research studies.
• Maintains communication with administrative staff for pertinent research
opportunities that may become problematic for OLOL structures (standards,
ERDs, policies and procedures, etc).
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Job Standards and Performance Expectations Weight
1. SERVICE - "The privilege of reaching out to meet the needs of others.
a. Focuses on the customer; identifies the customer's needs; responds to the
customer; satisfies the customer; takes ownership.
b. Responds immediately to customer's needs and solving repetitive serviceproblems.
c. Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude with customers.
2. REVERENCE AND LOVE FOR ALL OF LIFE - "Acknowledging that all life is a gift from
a. Exemplifies the professional image of FMOLHS through compliance with the
b. Serves the organization with honesty and integrity by complying with all
organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
3. JOYFULNESS OF SPIRIT - "An awareness of being blessed by God in all things."
a. Works well with others by recognizing the value of our diverse workforce and
remains open to new view points, ideas and talents.
b. Takes on other responsibilities when needed recognizing that customer
satisfaction is everyone's job.
4. HUMILITY - "Being authentic in serving as an instrument of God."
a. Demonstrates selflessness by being supportive and cooperative with team
5. JUSTICE - "Striving for equity and fairness in all relationships with special concern for
those most in need."
a. Adheres to organizational and departmental policies regarding tardiness, breaks,
time clocks, and use of benefit time.
b. Demonstrates accountability for responsibly managing resources by completing
work on time and using supplies as appropriate.
c. Prioritizes the needs of customers especially those most in need.
d. Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with applicable federal and state
laws and the Standards of Conduct.