Application Analyst- RN
Responsible for assisting in the planning, implementing, deployment and support of nursing information systems. Acts as a liasion between Information Technology and Patient Care Services. Participates as a member of the Clinical Information Systems Project team in formatting tools, developing strategies and supplying support for the hospital patient care community in the area of automation and information systems. Works closely with physicians and their clinical systems.
Bachelor's degree from accredited school of nursing.
· 2 – 3 years of recent direct patient care (hospital) experience, preferably in the OR or ED
· 1 – 2 years of recent clinical applications experience, including clinical system implementations
· Ability to perform the job independently following standard practices
· Must be motivated to learn new applications
· Must possess sound and logical problem solving abilities
· Actively participates in projects during system/application implementation. Plans and coordinates tasks associated with system/application implementation efforts from assessment through productive use to ensure successful implementation and effective use of the system.
· Ability to work with assigned users and other cross-functional team members and vendor support personnel to implement new software releases. Participates in a wide variety of project work crossing multiple functional areas
· Provide primary representation of the Information Technology Department within supported departments
· Analyzes functional specifications of the supported system and determines potential impacts to end-user workflows and other applications interacting with the system.
· Resolves problems for supported application(s), including coordinating resolution efforts with other Information Technology staff, end-users, and application vendor.
· Knowledge of change control processes.
· Acquires and maintains in-depth knowledge of the software along with up to date knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures as it relates to the use of these systems.
· Ability to understand system design and process application flows.
· Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations
· Ability to establish and maintain effective communications and positive working relationships within the department, with other employees, with vendors and the public.
· Ability to endure periods of heavy workload and stress.
· Ability to work longer hours as required to complete a project or resolve a problem.
· Generally Monday through Friday, days. Flexibility to occasionally cover special events/staff requirements during hours outside those generally worked (nights, evenings, and weekends)
· Flexibility to periodically travel for education
· Responsible for on call coverage during non-business hours
About St. Dominic’s:
St. Dominic’s is a 535-bed acute care hospital specializing in cancer treatment, women’s services, surgery, behavioral health programs and more. We believe that when you join St. Dominic’s as an employee, you join the St. Dominic’s family. Each employee is a valued member of the total care team whose ministry of Christian healing serves the individual needs of our patients. It’s the commitment of our employees that makes St. Dominic’s one of the leading healthcare providers in the southeast.
About Jackson, MS:
St. Dominic’s is located in Jackson, Mississippi which boasts various museums and parks as well as a coliseum that hosts events year round. Downtown is home to Jackson Convention Complex, Davis Planetarium and Thalia Mara Hall which presents concerts, ballets and operas. Ross Barnett Reservoir is available to the public for boating and fishing
Mississippi is known for long, sunny summers and short, temperate winters. A lower than average cost of living makes your dollar go further. The Jackson metropolitan area is roughly halfway between Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia and is approximately a 3 hour drive from New Orleans, Louisiana and Memphis, Tennessee.