Admissions Receptionist BHS- PRN
Admits patients, which includes interviewing and preparing admitting forms for BHS admissions. Acts as receptionist handling all incoming phone calls, providing other clerical and cashier duties as assigned. Reports to Admissions Supervisor. At least one year of front office experience required.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Prepares pre-admission and admitting forms, facilitates room transfers, prepares admitting reports.
- Verifies all insurance benefits assigned to the hospital to determine if insurance coverage meets the standards of admission as stated in hospital policy.
- Explains financial requirements to the patient or responsible party and collects deposits or deductibles as required.
- Reviews hospital admissions to ensure accurate financial and biographical data and documentation have been obtained and properly entered into the hospital records.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any problems with admission/reception department.
Lifting Requirements: Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
Ability to participate in physical activity and to do bending, lifting and/or standing on a regular basis.
Heavy lifting may be required.
Ability to work for extended period of time while sitting or standing.